Senior Wiring designer
Hicksville, NY 11801 US
Work at one of the top utility company in the nation and be a key contributor as a senior wiring designer.
- Be able to develop complex wiring diagrams from relay functional diagrams, AC and DC schematics utilizing experience and typical wiring guidelines for the LIPA substations.
- Participate in project conceptualization meetings to discuss specific projects with Engineering, Operating, Maintenance and Project Management Departments.
- Participate in pre-design field walk-downs with the operating, maintenance and constructing organizations.
- Perform wire checks of another wiring designer' project unassisted.
- Meet and work with field forces to discuss and review proposed designs in the engineering and design phase and to resolve design issues during the construction phase of a project.
- Meet and/or communicate with manufacturer's representatives to resolve manufacturer design and drawing problems.
- Candidate should have a minimum of five years' experience in design and drafting of electrical wiring drawings.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering field preferred; two years of technical college are desirable.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD.
- Valid driver's license and must have their own transportation.
- Health Insurance
- Sick time
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Meet Your Recruiter
Joining HEPCO in March 2021, Joyce has four years of experience in IT, engineering, healthcare, manufacturing and life sciences recruiting. Joyce’s favorite part about her job is helping people land their dream jobs and hearing about their first day on the job. Joyce dreams about living by the ocean and meeting new people through her travels.