Senior controls engineer
Minneapolis, MN 55421 US
- Performs controls design on a variety of equipment including electrically, hydraulically, and pneumatically operated systems.
- Conducts analysis to translate system requirements into controller performance requirements.
- Creates, with use of modeling tools, detailed linear and nonlinear dynamic models of the mechanism to be controlled, the sensors employed, and servo drive used to move the mechanism.
- Performs simulation and linear analysis using models to develop the control algorithm, select sensors and size actuators.
- Performs hardware in the loop analysis to verify the control models and tuning of control algorithms.
- Ensures technical outcomes are consistent with established engineering principles and practices and that customer and company technical, system, performance, and quality requirements are met.
- Creates, plans, and performs complex engineering design, development, analysis, experimentation, test and/or product assurance tasks for a portion of a project or may lead these activities for a small project.
- Applies wide range of engineering design and/or analytical theory, principles, techniques, and practices to a complex portion of a technical project.
- Applies broad knowledge of the design of organization's products, technology, systems interactions to solve complex engineering problems which have not been clearly defined and may not have similar precedents available.
- Develops and writes technical documentation, makes revisions to existing documentation, and provides input to technical papers or presentations.
- Performs technical analysis, testing, calculations, and evaluation of results to solve complex engineering problems, using specialized equipment, and/or by creating or using computer programs, models, or simulations.
- Working knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of a relevant technical field of specialization.
- Familiarity with current computer applications and technologies in applicable engineering disciplines.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with customers to solve complex technical problems.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical results to customers.
- B.S. degree in a relevant technical discipline
- Health Insurance
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Meet Your Recruiter
A member of the HEPCO team since 1992, Tom has over 25 years of experience in IT, Engineering and Telecom recruiting. As a recruiter he enjoys interacting with people from all walks of life and that every day is different. Outside of the office, Tom is an avid golfer and is skilled at repairing his golf clubs.