Software Config Mgt Support
Nashua, NH 03064
HEPCO, Inc. is looking for a Software Configuration Analyst, to join the team, as a contractor, for one of our most important defense clients.
The successful candidate will be given general direction, and be responsible within an assigned program(s) for executing all software configuration management support activities per the configuration management plan and in accordance with company policies, practices and requirements. In support of Engineering, will perform software configuration management (CM) tasks to include, configuration identification, change management, status accounting, audit and verification. The candidate will execute and document all formal software product builds for operational software, test software, and firmware products.
1. Establishes and manages tool specific software libraries as required. Performs and documents all required builds to ensure reproducible software configuration baselines. Executes release and change control functions using the designated software configuration management system/tool in order to ensure software product integrity and meet program schedules.
2. Generates and maintains all necessary program software development, release, and change records, including "as built" and status accounting records. Performs software configuration management Configuration Control Board activities which include, but are not limited to, establishing the agenda, recording approvals/non-approvals, and publishing and maintaining action items lists.
3. Develops proficiency in the use of the assigned software configuration management system/tools, and comprehensive knowledge of company software configuration management processes and standards. Stays abreast of industry standards and current technology. This position has the possibility of turning into a permanent hire position for the right candidate.
- US citizen eligible for a DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Knowledge of and at least a basic level of proficiency in GIT.
- Knowledge of and at least a basic level of proficiency in a bug tracking tool (ie...JIRA or ClearQuest)
- Knowledge of basic Configuration Management principles and ability to apply them in an engineering development environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (ie...Word, PowerPoint, Excel) - Multi-tasking
- A Basic level of familiarity with multiple operating systems (ie....Linux, Microsoft Windows 10, CentOS)
- Associates degree or 2 years of direct Software Configuration Management or Software Build/Release experience.
- Experience using some sort of formal software version Control tool and Bug Tracker
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills
- US citizen eligible for a DoD security clearance
- Current DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Previous experience with the following tools: GIT, JIRA, Bitbucket, ClearCase, ClearQuest
- Experience/knowledge of Configuration Management principles and how to apply them in a software engineering development environment.
-Minimum of an Associate's Degree or 2 years direct Software Configuration Management experience or experience in the build/release of software products.
Bachelor's Degree in either Information Management or Computer Science.
Meet Your Recruiter
Vice President – Recruiting and IT Operations
Mr. Lee has over 25 years of experience in the service and retail industries with extensive backgrounds in management, sales, recruiting and training. He is currently a senior member of our recruiting staff serving multiple industries, with a specific focus on personnel with engineering backgrounds. He joined HEPCO in 1992.