Sr Prin Engineer II
Kingsport, TN 37660 US
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team to estimate, design, implement, and commission chemical modernization projects for the manufacturing facility.
- Design and support all aspects of a control system (PLC, HMI, DCS, VFD, etc), including hardware, network, and software configuration.
- Ensure work done is consistent with control systems standards and procedures, including participating as part of team as required to test and checkout system I/O, interlocks (safety and process) and automated control strategies that are part of the control system.
- Understand and ensure compliance with safety regulations and quality standards, including completing all required safety training on time.
- Ability to read and interpret P&IDs and Electrical Drawings.
- Ability to read, interpret and/or write documentation needed to program a complete control system (Functional Specification, Control Narrative, I/O List, etc).
- Experience working on as part of a team design, implementation, troubleshooting, and commissioning PLC/HMI applications with products such as Siemens PCS7 and/or Rockwell / Allen-Bradley for process or automation systems.
- Knowledgeable in industrial network architectures, topologies, cyber security, servers, software validation and simulation.
- Prior work experience in a chemical manufacturing, petrochemical, or hazardous material production facility.
- Experience providing plant support within a 24/7 manufacturing facility.
- Experience working with Vendor Skids and integrating them into complex manufacturing/ chemical processes.
- Experience with variable speed drives, positioners, actuators, valves, and instrumentation used for chemical or industrial plant production processes.
- Experience with multiple control system platforms including Siemens PCS7, Siemens Simatic Batch, Siemens TIA Portal, Siemens WinCC, and Allen Bradley ControLogix/ CompactLogix Experience configuring and maintaining Historian databases including Factory Talk Historian and Siemens Process Historian/ Information Server.
- Experience with a variety of control system communication protocols including Ethernet, Profibus, Profinet, Modbus TCP, and HART.
- Experience with Variable Frequency Drives, including Siemens, Rockwell, and Client.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering / Chemical Engineering / Controls System Engineering/ Computer Science and 12+ years of applicable experience.
- Health Insurance
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Meet Your Recruiter
Joining HEPCO in July 2022, Shandi enjoys her role as a recruiter, where she can learn more about the candidate and develop a good rapport with them during the pre-screening period. During this process, she appreciates the chance to learn more about the particulars of various jobs her candidates are qualified for. In addition, Shandi enjoys cooking her favorite meals and trying out new recipes in her free time.