Sr Supplier Quality Engineer (On-site)
Lansing, MI 48906 US
Join our client's team as a Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) within the Procurement Quality Support Engineering (PQSE) group. This early career opportunity allows you to play a crucial role in resolving supplier quality concerns in direct support of production. As an SQE, you will investigate, evaluate, and resolve supplier quality problems, conduct defect investigations, analyze defect trends, and lead continuous improvement projects.
- Enforce purchase order (PO) requirements and manage supplier non-conformance.
- Conduct containments and inventory screenings when necessary.
- Support multiple projects to completion, contributing to the overall program success.
- Collaborate with various departments including Supplier Quality Assurance, Receiving Inspection, Procurement, Engineering, and Program Quality.
- Evaluate the impact of nonconforming products and assess suppliers' corrective actions.
- Drive a "Zero Defect" mentality within the supply base and implement A3 problem-solving tools.
- Champion problem-solving and root cause analysis activities with suppliers to eliminate recurrence of non-conformances.
- Evaluate First Article Inspections per AS9102 requirements and work with suppliers to meet BAE System's requirements.
- Evaluate First Article Test plans and reports for execution and approval.
- AWS Certified Weld Inspector.
- Bachelor's Degree and 2 years related work experience, or equivalent.
- Exposure to Failure Analysis, Root Cause Analysis, and Corrective/Preventative Actions.
- Exposure to ISO 9001 and AS9100 Quality Systems and AS9102B First Article Requirements.
- Practical problem solver.
- Understanding of drawing requirements with the ability to determine compliance.
- Experience using typical Quality gauges and measuring tools (Calipers, Micrometers, Pin Gauges, etc.).
- Effective, clear communicator with strong written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Computer skills, including MS Office Suite and related industry software applications.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related discipline.
- Experience in a Defense Prime Contract environment.
- Experience with product line validation, test plans, test equipment, and product qualification.
- Specific experience in various manufacturing processes common in the Naval, Defense, and Aerospace industries.
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma concepts and tools (e.g., Green/Black Belt).
- Familiarity with Toyota Production System (TPS), Toyota Way, and A3 problem-solving tools.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial, Manufacturing, Electrical, or Quality) or related discipline (Technology, Industrial Management, Industrial Technology).
- Health Insurance
By clicking apply, you are opting in to receiving text/SMS communication with one of our recruiters.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Meet Your Recruiter
Vice President – Recruiting and IT Operations
Mr. Lee has over 25 years of experience in the service and retail industries with extensive backgrounds in management, sales, recruiting and training. He is currently a senior member of our recruiting staff serving multiple industries, with a specific focus on personnel with engineering backgrounds. He joined HEPCO in 1992.
As a recruiter he enjoys interacting with people from all walks of life and that every day is different. Outside of the office, Tom is an avid golfer and is skilled at repairing his golf clubs.