Sr. Reliability and Safety Engineer (On-site), US Citizen only.
Parsippany, NJ 07054 US
HEPCO is looking for an experienced Sr. Reliability and Safety Engineer to join our client's world-class team of engineers.
The team is responsible for designing and developing products for aerospace and military weapon systems, which includes missiles, guided rockets, smart munitions, and more. Specifically, the Sr. Reliability and Safety Engineer will be responsible for system safety assessment, reliability predictions and failure mode analysis required for new development programs. This is a unique opportunity to join one of the most experienced, talented, and fastest growing teams in the industry.
Essential or Primary / Key Responsibilities:
- Work with IPT to identify safety critical items, any non-conformances, and offer design alternatives.
- Generate reliability, maintainability and system safety reports for IPT and customer review.
- Perform system safety analysis per MIL-STD-882 and SAE ARP4761.
- Perform Maintainability analysis per MIL-STD-470.
- Perform reliability predictions per MIL-HDBK-217.
- Review customer reliability, safety and maintainability requirements and provide RMS/C analysis.
- Consider and balance cost, technical, schedule, and risk.
- The Sr. Reliability and Safety Engineer may be required to lift and/or move items weighing up to 20 pounds.
This job interacts both in a professional office environment and a manufacturing/machine shop environment. This role uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines, as well as environments inclusive of the appropriate eye, hearing, and foot protection (as required).
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering.
- 3+ years of experience in similar role within the aerospace industry which must include Reliability, Maintainability and Safety engineering analysis
- New Product Development experience in aerospace/military industry.
- Experience in electromechanical design and testing preferred.
- Strong documentation and writing skills.
- Experience using reliability analysis tools like Relex, Weibull ++, Reliasoft XFRACAS.
- Ability to work closely with a team of engineers and technicians.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Health Insurance
- Sick Time
By clicking apply, you are opting in to receiving text/SMS communication with one of our recruiters.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.