Staff Engineer, Mechanical (On-site), US Citizen only.
Parsippany, NJ 07054 US
Revolutionize Aerospace Engineering: Craft Next-Gen Electromechanical Systems as our client's Elite Staff Engineer!
The Staff Engineer is responsible to complete and contribute in the design, development, testing, qualification, and production support of products in a cost effective and timely fashion to meet the customer's needs and schedules. The engineer shall work within a multi-disciplined organization and enlist the help of other disciplines when necessary, such as other engineers, manufacturing, purchasing, and quality assurance.
Design Electromechanical Actuators from a blank sheet of paper to meet customer requirements.
- Design of spur, bevel, worm, and planetary gears
- Design and analysis of kinematic mechanisms i.e., Slider Crank, Scotch Yoke, 4-Bar
- Sizing and selection of Ball Screws capable of meeting system performance requirements
- Sizing and selection of Bearings (Radial, Thrust, Angular contact) to meet loads and life necessary to meet system performance
- Familiar with Brushless DC motor design
- Create and modify drawings with appropriate GD&T, documentation of change and efficacy. Verify Bill of Material. Ensure accuracy of drawings.
- Design cost effective easily manufacturable hardware taking into account:
- tolerance stack-ups
- ease of assembly
- meet customer installation requirements
- materials of construction
- methods of manufacture
- mechanical environment (Thermal and Vibe) and Application Loading
- preliminary analytical results (Hand calcs and FEA)
- mistake proofing
- Disposition non-conforming hardware and correct production/vendor issues.
- Perform failure investigations of designs.
- Create/Review and Approve processes for assembly, test, and related activities to the development and qualification testing of a design.
- Interface with internal and external customers to determine product changes needed for applications as a representative of the company.
- Write technical documents for internal and external customers.
- Participate in design reviews (internal and external)
- Support new business pursuits that address program technical requirements and associated schedule and costs.
- Mentor and Guide Junior team members
- Position entails exposure to typical manufacturing (i.e. Machine Shop, Assembly, Testing, etc.) environments inclusive of the appropriate eye, hearing and foot protection (as required).
- Business office environment requiring use of telephone and personal computer
- Work under pressure and overtime when required, in order to meet deadlines
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 8+ years' experience and technical knowledge in mechanical engineering design of hardware preferably in aerospace or defense industry.
- Experience designing and testing designs to Mil-Std-810 Environments or similar (Humidity, Salt Fog, Vibration and Shock etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience solving technical problems using a methodical scientific approach.
- Experience in 3D modeling of mechanical components and assemblies preferably CREO
- Experience with Electromechanical Actuation Servo Systems
- Experience with Brushless DC motor design and or operation
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis for Structural, Thermal and Dynamic Analysis
- Possess organizational and task management skills to work concurrent issues in parallel.
- Leadership skills to interface with various other teams and disciplines at the company.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes such as additive manufacturing, casting, milling, turning, grinding, drilling, etc.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Health Insurance
- Sick Time
By clicking apply, you are opting in to receiving text/SMS communication with one of our recruiters.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Meet Your Recruiter
Princess joined HEPCO’s recruiting team in June 2022 and has a year of experience in the recruiting industry. As a recruiter, Princess enjoys developing skills like communication, critical thinking, and organization skills to aid in her professional growth. Her hobbies include traveling, hiking, surfing, and free diving.