Albany, NY 12231 US
HEPCO is currently seeking a dedicated and customer-oriented Switchboard Operator to join our clients team. As a Switchboard Operator, you will be the first point of contact for our customers, providing exceptional customer service and efficiently managing incoming calls. Your responsibilities will include responding to inquiries, extracting information from records, reviewing applications, and maintaining accurate records.
- Respond to customer service inquiries promptly and professionally via telephone, written correspondence, email, and in-person interactions.
- Extract relevant information from DOS records to assist customers and direct them to appropriate online databases, forms, applications, and instructions.
- Explain statutory requirements, defend agency policies and procedures, and provide navigational assistance with online applications.
- Review applications for compliance with laws, policies, and procedures, and process application and form fees accurately.
- Reconcile daily cash reports and ensure proper financial records are maintained.
- Prepare written or email correspondence to applicants, identifying any application errors or deficiencies.
- Electronically preserve each record in accordance with DOS guidelines to ensure data integrity.
- Create computerized license, registration, and filing records following DOS guidelines.
- Answer approximately 60 call center calls per day, addressing customer inquiries and providing appropriate assistance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent; additional customer service training or certification is a plus.
- Proven experience in customer service or a related field.
- Strong knowledge of computer systems, including proficiency in using DOS operations.
- Attention to detail and ability to review applications for compliance.
- Strong problem-solving and multitasking abilities.
- Ability to handle a high volume of incoming calls while maintaining professionalism and efficiency.
- Familiarity with office productivity software and database systems.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Health Insurance
- Sick Time
99 Washington Avenue, Albany, NY 12231
Duration: approximately 2 years
Apply by deadline: 6/1/2023
Shift Days/Times: M-F 8:30a.m.-4:30p.m.
By clicking apply, you are opting in to receiving text/SMS communication with one of our recruiters.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Meet Your Recruiter
Princess joined HEPCO’s recruiting team in June 2022 and has a year of experience in the recruiting industry. As a recruiter, Princess enjoys developing skills like communication, critical thinking, and organization skills to aid in her professional growth. Her hobbies include traveling, hiking, surfing, and free diving.