System Administrator - Wintel
Charlotte, NC 28277
- Actively monitors enterprise servers in a NOC environment using CA monitoring tools (Spectrum, CAPC, and SOI).
- Provides Tier 2 support for servers both physical and virtual servers.
- Remote management of all enterprise servers. Using Vsphere-Rackwise-DSview and other platforms.
- Observe systemic issues that may arise and work within the team to get them resolved.
- Work with vendors and support teams inside and outside of the organization.
- Generate incidents using remedy ticketing system and maintain ticket count low.
- Follow Major incident process and escalate outages as needed.
- Provide documentation to support ideas-and changes that would benefit the Enterprise Command Center.
- Actively report issues to upper management, following major incident process.
- Report to work in a timely fashion, participate in all shift requirements a directed by your Service Manager, and document your work within our Remedy ticketing systems.
- Typically a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Must have 2+ years' experience providing system and server support.
- NOC experience a huge plus.
- Knowledge of end to end data flow.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills for interacting with team members and clients
- Good organization skills to balance and prioritize work.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good personal computer and business solutions software skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Ability to maintain formal and informal networks
- Wanting to gain knowledge in current role as well as branching out to learn networks and UNIX technologies