Tech Writer/Editor Sr
Sterling Heights, MI 48310 US
HEPCO is seeking a highly skilled Technical Documentation Specialist to create and revise complex technical documents in support of our clients products. In this role, you will ensure that all documentation complies with company and government standards, specifications, and language usage principles. You will utilize state-of-the-art publishing software technology to produce a wide range of technical documents, including product descriptions, operating procedures, maintenance and repair procedures, marketing literature, and more. Compliance with customer requirements, government specifications, engineering standards, and language usage principles will be essential.
- Create and revise complex technical documentation to support marketing, operation, repair, and maintenance of company products.
- Ensure documents adhere to company and government standards, specifications, and language usage principles.
- Utilize XML authoring tools such as Arbortext Epic Editor and Oxygen software for technical document creation.
- Proficiency in MS Office tools/suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint required; Access a plus) for document preparation.
- Utilize Adobe Acrobat Professional or similar PDF markup tools for illustration markups.
- Collaborate effectively with a diverse team located in multiple physical locations.
- Familiarity with Interactive Electronic Technical Manual (IETM) functionality, development processes, and markup languages.
- Maintain knowledge of relevant military and commercial standards.
- Prior experience as a Mechanical/Electrical/Operator Tech Writer, preferably in the defense industry.
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant technical discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Additional 5 years of relevant experience in technical documentation.
- Proficiency in XML authoring tools (e.g., Arbortext Epic Editor and Oxygen software).
- Strong command of MS Office tools/suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint required; Access a plus).
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat Professional or similar PDF (electronic) markup tools.
- Familiarity with Interactive Electronic Technical Manual (IETM) functionality and markup languages.
- Knowledge of relevant military and commercial standards.
- Previous experience as a Mechanical/Electrical/Operator Tech Writer, preferably in the defense industry.
- Health Insurance
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Meet Your Recruiter
Joining HEPCO in July 2022, Shandi enjoys her role as a recruiter, where she can learn more about the candidate and develop a good rapport with them during the pre-screening period. During this process, she appreciates the chance to learn more about the particulars of various jobs her candidates are qualified for. In addition, Shandi enjoys cooking her favorite meals and trying out new recipes in her free time.