Ubuntu System Administration
Hudson, NH 03051
HEPCO, Inc., is looking for an Ubuntu System Administration to join the team, as a contractor, of one of our most important defense clients in Hudson, NH.
This position is a Tier 3 LINUX support position. The position requires someone who can address problem resolution in a large enterprise environment. Activities include Linux systems administration tasks for workstations such as operating system installations, (physical and virtual). Candidate must be able to develop repeatable methods and document them for others to use. Communicate with users and other technical staff to provide timely resolution in a dynamic environment. Be part of a team performing systems engineering activities to research and to identify new solutions/technologies to continuously improve system maintenance operations. Work closely with remote team members to ensure proper monitoring/support. Work incidents and service requests submitted through a ticketing system. Interact with level 2 support, and other teams to meet customer requests and deadlines. Troubleshooting advanced technical problems to identify root cause and solutions to the problem is required. Experience with Ubuntu Linux is a must, experience with Red Hat Linux would be a plus.
- Hands on experience with Ubuntu Linux System Administration, Red Hat Linux, and VMware
- Experience in O/S installation, Software and Patch management
- Able to debug/troubleshoot hardware issues
- Familiar with the configuration and maintenance of workstation and network hardware and peripherals Hands-on experience of system management, system setup and managing Linux based workstations as well as configuring them
- Able to develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures
- Install and configure systems which support infrastructure, hardware
- Perform system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all workstation resources, systems, and key processes, reviewing system and application logs etc.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible, automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage resources.
- Four or more years of experience as a LINUX system administrator managing workstations in an enterprise environment consisting of multiple Linux workstations
- Experience installing, configuring, and updating, Ubuntu, RHEL
- Experience maintaining LINUX using automated change management software such as puppet
- Experience with VMware virtual servers/workstations preferred
- Writing technical documentation skills including standards, policies and procedures
- Able to troubleshoot complex issues with hardware and software
- Able to work independently or with minimal supervision
- Training or certifications in one or more of the following: Ubuntu Linux, Red Hat Linux VMware
- Candidate should have strong verbal and written communication skills and be a self-starter
Automation Tools/Scripting Puppet Enterprise Service Now IT Ticketing Application CyberArk Ability to acquire Secret Clearance
Ubuntu Linux administration in commercial / government environment
8+ Years with HS4+ Years with AA2+ Years with BS0+ Years with MS
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.