New York, NY 10001-2633
HEPCO is seeking an Websphere Administrator, for a direct-hire role with New York City.
- Responsible for the installation, maintenance, and configuration of our Middleware infrastructure (IBM WebSphere, MQ, and Cognos).
- Support the agency's java based web interface tool that allows for on-demand and scheduled builds and deployments of Java application code base.
- Tasks will include the set-up, maintenance, and ongoing development of the continuous integration and continuous development (CI/CD) infrastructure.
- Support the infrastructure of critical citywide applications, as well as function as one of the technical administrators for the group.
- 5+ years' experience of Middleware Administration, specifically in Websphere Application Server on Linux or UNIX based platforms
- Experience in administration of other associated middleware products like IBM MQ, IBM HTTPServer, IBM WebSphere Message Broker, Oracle WebLogic, Cognos
- 3+ years' Experience in analysis, design and development of Enterprise Java applications preferred, including experience in Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Java, J2EE, XML, and related technologies
- Experience in performing all functions of computer programming, using standard design and programming techniques; developing Enterprise Java based solutions
- Experience in understanding and debugging Java errors
- Good understanding of relational database concepts and experience in SQL
- Proven track record with Cl/CD tools
- Demonstrating experience with DevOps and related tools (Ansible, Jenkins)
- Configuring, deploying, and testing of enterprise software applications
- Perform Middleware Application upgrades and patch installations
- Ability to perform detailed Root Cause Analysis of problems
- Ability to clearly document and explain symptoms and solutions to complex problems
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
1. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college in computer science, engineering or a related field and four years of satisfactory full-time experience related to datacenter engineering and operations, cloud engineering and operations, complex IT infrastructure engineering; or,
2. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and eight years of satisfactory full-time experience related to datacenter engineering and operations, cloud engineering and operations, complex IT infrastructure engineering
Monday-Friday, 9:00am 5:00pm
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Meet Your Recruiter
Joining HEPCO in January 2022, Angelo Romulo comes to HEPCO with a Bachelor's degree in Psychology. With previous experience in recruitment and business process outsourcing, Angelo enjoys being able to help find the right candidate for the job. A fun fact about Angelo is that he owns three Persian cats.